- Abu Dhabi
Priya is a CMA and ACCA affiliate, having 3 years of experience in accounting and auditing. She has exposure across multiple industries such as real estate, automobile, oil & gas, insurance, financial brokerage, contracting, etc.
Prior to joining ARDENT, Priya had worked with renowned Auditing & Advisory firms through which she gained valuable skills and knowledge in the field of Audit.
- Early in her career, Priya has prepared monthly accounts using Sage Accounting Software, for an Oil & Gas company based in UAE. She has prepared weekly WIP reports, bank reconciliation and maintained fixed assets, prepayments, accrual, and salary schedules while ensuring financial information security by following internal controls.
- She was involved in the preparation of management accounts in excel for a company in the real estate industry. The management accounts included the income statement, balance sheet, relevant notes, and the tenant-wise rent roll. During the assignment she also performed multiple reconciliation checks for various reports generated by the systems and those maintained manually, to ensure the accuracy of the data.
- As an auditor she worked in multiple industries such as contracting, financial brokerage, etc. where she has applied different audit procedures such as walk-through, test of controls for processes such as payroll in line with ADAA Resolution No. 1 which requires auditors to test and report on the effectiveness of internal control systems over financial reporting and review their compliance with applicable laws and regulations of UAE. She has performed substantive tests including analytical procedures and test of details for multiple financial statement items and has reported key findings along with providing recommendations. She has drafted financial statements while constantly applying relevant International Accounting Standards (IASs) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) for many companies, including listed.
- For internal audit engagements, Priya has developed customized audit plans, audit programs and risk control matrices based on client businesses and engagement requirements. As part of audit execution, she has carried out risk and control analysis, gap analysis and remediation planning for identified gaps and deficiencies. She has also provided critical value adding recommendations that have improved the clients’ processes and controls.
- Priya has assisted in the financial due diligence for a gold mining company where she has analyzed financial and operational data of the business, to be acquired, through reviewing accounting records.