Maryam is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) having 4+ years of experience in Financial Consulting including business valuation, financial feasibilities, and M&A advisory. She also has a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Turkey.
Prior to joining ARDENT, she was working with a big 4 firm where she worked on various transactions pertaining to M&A, financial modelling, business valuation, financial feasibilities, and purchase price allocation.
- Maryam has worked on transactions in diverse sectors including pharmaceutical, retail, logistics, fintech, banking, ecommerce, FMCG, power, oil & gas and education.
- She has facilitated public sector clients in Pakistan on various large-scale transactions, including developing financial feasibility study for the implementation of a public transport system and feasibility study along with transaction structuring for setting up a bulk cargo terminal.
- Maryam has worked extensively on tariff modeling for various publicly owned power sector entities in Pakistan. In addition, Maryam also worked on financial plans and tariff determination for companies in renewable energy sector.
- Maryam has worked on various M&A advisory sell side advisory transactions including merger of two fintech entities in merchant acquiring sector, a retail sector client operating over 50 stores, a trailer manufacturer with operations spanning across GCC, an operator of foreign exchange business and a bank interested in divestment of its Modaraba business unit.
- She has also assisted clients in buy-side transactions, including purchase of minority stake of a school, and acquisition of majority stake in an online grocery business.
- Maryam has assisted various clients in developing extensive business plans. Key transactions include strategic option analysis with regards to relocation of manufacturing plant for a FMCG company, financial projections for a niche hospital, and post-acquisition business model of a pharmaceutical company incorporating synergies.